Download linux mint 15 and use something like unetbootin then enter bios and do that follow these steps:
- When your notebook booting press F2
- Go to Boot page and Enable “Launch CSM” option.
- Then go to security page and disable the “Security boot controle”.
- Now save the changes and restart the netbook, and press escape button
- Now you must find your USB device, select it !
One downside I’ve found is the windows key is missing I can’t find it anywhere and with windows 8.1 update available or even a reinstall you need it so a quick google search, this guys has the answer HERE
I used magical jelly bean keyfinder – downloaded HERE open it and finds the key nothing else to do easy life.
print screen on the asus s300 you need to hit the button and then enter paint and cntl + v to paste the image (key pic saved and ready to go)