VPN setup Ubuntu 14.04 HOW (important as google is hard to get the answer)
Searching more searching finally found a guide on how to use OPENVPN in ubuntu
- Open a Terminal, and run: sudo apt-get install openvpn network-manager-openvpn network-manager-openvpn-gnome. This will prompt for both your password, and a Y/n answer, please provide it with your password, and Y
- Once installed, open System Settings, then Network
- Press the + symbol to add a new connection, and select the VPN Interface, then press Create
- Choose OpenVPN as your VPN Connection Type, and press Create
- The following will walk you though all configuration steps needed for the PIA VPN.
- Gateway: Select one of the Hostnames provided on the NETWORK PAGE
- Type: Password
- Username: The username provided with the PIA account
- Password: The password provided with the PIA account
- CA Certificate: Downloaded this ZIP FILE and extract the ca.crt file to somewhere it won’t be deleted. We suggest your Home folder. If you extract this to your home folder, when searching for it, please click on your username on the left side, which will take you right to the home folder, then select the ca.crt file from the options on the right.
- Advanced: Under the general tab, check the Use LZO data compression
- IPv4 Settings:
- Method: Automatic (VPN) Addresses Only
- Press Save. If you chose to have your password saved it may ask for you to verify your password to open your keyring.
The original webpage is HERE as always I’m just sharing the info I’ve found to be useful and used myself as a guide