To setup your Zotac to boot from the USB drive or card:
- Insert the USB flash drive or card.
- Power up the Zotac and immediately press the Del key on your keyboard for BIOS options !!!!
- At the BIOS Setup Utility menu, use the right arrow key to go to Boot
- Use the down arrow key to go to Hard Disk Drives (I know. You may not have a hard drive, but go there.)
- Press Enter. Use the down arrow to select your USB drive or card.
- Press Shift +- to move it to the top of the list.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
Sept 2014 – No option to boot from USB – I needed to disable hard drive in BIOS to get it to use the lexar USB stick no idea why on this occasion !!!!!!!! 👌 🔌 🔫 Ubuntu 14.04 installed on zotac (no windows on any gadget from today)
You have the option built inside the USB files to install with WUBI (click for options)
next up install windows 8 over windows 7, its not as easy as before.
July 2014 – downloaded a copy of the latest 8.1 for install but the media driver error showed up (remember this is a pain as I’ve paid for windows 8 on my ASUS already but wiped it (files backup but still errors) microsoft really don’t do themselves any favours with the general public
Media driver error when installing – maybe try this from a fellow blogger HERE (Didn’t work for me)
No a fan of downloading things like this but if it works all good – speedy pc – HERE (July 2014)